Save the dates for experiential sessions including yoga for all bodies, coping with global conflict, a traditional tea ceremony, and much more.
(Last updated on August 13, 2018)
The Contemplative Sciences Center currently has one opening for employment:
Posting for Student Assistant
- This position provides broad support for the Center as needed throughout the office. Duties include:
- Providing administrative assistance as needed: filing, preparing correspondence and mailings, scheduling, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Help manage and update website
- Help promote Center activities: design & distribute flyers, send email announcements, etc.
- Help manage social media for CSC
- Help organize and execute Center events including events for U.Va. students
- Helping process data of various types related to contemplation
- The Center is seeking student assistant(s) for the 2018-19 school year. Expected hours per week are 8 -10 and compensation will be $12/hour.
- Interest in and desire to learn more about contemplation and its role at the University of Virginia
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to work independently and manage time well.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- (Desired but not necessary) Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Cover Letter including information about your availability (spring, summer and/or fall as well as ideal number of hours/week)
- 2-3 References