This retreat takes place October 31, 2015 to November 1, 2015. Click for more details.
Posting for Student Assistant
The Contemplative Sciences Center at the University of Virginia is seeking self-motivated student(s) to assist with a broad range of the Center’s activities, including business operations, fundraising, communications, events management, and data processing.
Position Objective and Job Summary
- This position provides broad support for the Center as needed throughout the office. Duties include:
- Providing administrative assistance as needed: filing, preparing correspondence and mailings, scheduling, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Help manage and update website
- Help promote Center activities: design & distribute flyers, send email announcements, etc.
- Help manage social media for CSC
- Help organize and execute Center events including events for U.Va. students
- Helping process data of various types related to contemplation
- The Center is seeking student assistant(s) for the Spring 2017 semester, Summer 2017 and the 2017-18 school year. Expected hours per week are 8 -10 and compensation will be $12 / hour.
- Interest in and desire to learn more about contemplation and its role at the University of Virginia
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to work independently and manage time well.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- (Desired but not necessary) Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Send the following via email to Mick Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Letter including information about your availability (spring, summer and/or fall as well as ideal number of hours/week)
- 2-3 References